Thursday, August 23, 2012

Trying SO HARD to be patient.

So after two months of planning and getting everything ready, I'm fully prepared to bring my first beardie into my life. With one problem. I can't find any!! I really want an adult and I prefer a dragon with a history of less than ideal care so I can spoil it. But now that i'm ready, there are none to be found! Well, that isn't totally true. Someone is selling a pair of brothers for 100 with a 40 gallon near me and I asked if I could take one. They never responded. I'm tempted to send them the link to the page about why you shouldn't cohabitate. But I digress.

I don't like how they care for the animals at either reptile store I've been to and I would like to say I'm not interested in going back, but I'm getting impatient and ready to make a bad decision like that.

The thing is, I want a bearded dragon NOW. My dad is coming to visit for a week next Tuesday and I wanted to get a Beardie before then because otherwise my dad won't get to see it until he comes to visit next year (he lives 2,000 miles away).

I feel like I've spent enough time being patient. There were 5 good-looking Beardies for sale on CL 2 months ago, when I wasn't ready in any aspect.

2 comments:

  1. If you do not like how the animals are treated at the reptile store you have been to, why not give them better care yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe in supporting a pet store if they take poor care of the animals. You can call it rescuing, but unless you take the animal from the pet store for free or so little that the owner makes no profit, you're just handing them money and giving them space to bring in more animals to neglect. It's a catch 22, really. :(

      Delete